Talks, Tellings, Classes and Workshops
Nicholas offers a variety of shamanic presentations, classes and workshops from 2 to 16 hours long over several days. Some of these are:
Traditional Shamanic Ways, Teachings, Tellings & Songs - This two-hour experiential presentation into the ways of traditional shamanism will introduce you to the nature of traditional shamanism and includes teachings, tellings and songs as well as a drumming meditation.
All people are welcome to attend this presentation.
Bring your questions and your heart.
Journey into Shamanism - Participate in this 16-hour experiential journey into the ways of traditional shamanism where you will gain knowledge of the world as it has been passed down for thousands of years. Through your participation, you will learn and experience:
• How to use & empower sacred objects
• The nature of power/life-force
• How to increase your reserve of life-force
• Why certain rules are followed in ceremony
• What a medicine is & how to receive one
• Shamanic drumming & journeying
• Calling of spirit beings
• Uses of ceremonial plants
• Sacred songs
• Personal healing techniques
• How to make effective prayer
• Techniques to protect yourself
This class is taught as shamanism has been traditionally taughtthrough your participation in traditional shamanic ceremony.
All people are invited to attend this class. At certain times, women in their moon-time will be protected based on the nature of the activities.
Empowerment Workshop - Power/life-force is the fundamental primordial substance from which all things are created and from which all energies derive. Your ability to maintain and increase your reservoir of personal power is directly related to your ability to be healthy as well as to accomplish your intent into the world.
This 6-hour workshop covers the nature of power and present techniques and exercises for gaining it as well as covering ways to prevent its frivolous loss. Covered are:
• The nature of power (a specific aspect of life-force).
• Sensing power consciously.
• Cedar and sage for cleansing & blessing yourself, your stones and your patients.
• Grandfather Fire for keeping a clean space and disposing of negatives.
• Power smoking, a way to empower yourself and your sacreds.
• Power breathing, another way to care-take your sacreds and yourself.
• Blue Crystal Meditation, a way of building your personal reserve of power and for healing yourself.
Due to the nature of the power that will be generated by the attendees, women in their moon time should not attend this workshop.
Using Ceremonial Herbs for Cleansing, Blessing and Prayer - In this 2-hour class allows each person experiences and learns how to call upon the sacred presence within cedar, sage, tobacco and other sacred plants.
All people are invited to attend this class.
Drum Making - This all-day workshop allows each person to honor the tree and deer people who have given away as you make your own traditional, two-sided shamanic drum. Materials are included.
All people are invited to attend this workshop.
Rattle Making and the Way of Song - In this 4-hour workshop, attendees construct a traditional deer rawhide rattle and begin learning how to use it for holding and calling songs. Materials are included.
All people are invited to attend this workshop.
Making and Using Sacred Shields - This workshop is typically held in two, 4-hour sessions where attendees receive a personal protection medicine which they imbue into the rawhide shield they construct. Opportunity is then provided to test that shield. Materials are provided.
All people are invited to attend this workshop. However, women in their moon-time will not test their shields.
Personal and Family Protection - This class covers types of attacks, be they via negative energy or witchcraft driven, and offers techniques for protecting oneself. It is offered in either a 2- or 4-hour format.
Due to the nature of the power that will be generated by the attendees, women in their moon-time should not attend this workshop.
Drumming for Healing & Knowledge, A Workshop for Intentful Drumming - If you wish to use a drum to gain value in your life, this workshop will teach you how to use the drum in a way that brings you knowledge and healing. It primarily focuses on movements of your spirit within the realms of your soul. It is a prerequisite to the advanced drumming workshop.
You will learn:
• How the drum came to the shamans
• Why some drums have two sides while others only one
• Various drum beats and their uses
• How and why to empower your drum
• What the masculine & feminine aspects of the drum are and when to use each
• Nature of the three aspects of your soul; earth, underworld & celestial
• How to drum for your healing when you are ill
• How to drum for knowledge and vision
• About nonphysical beings within you and in the world around us
• How to keep from getting lost
• The purpose of staying grounded while drumming
• How to drum the “Shaman’s Tree” for your spiritual growth
Women in their moon-time may attend this workshop if they desire. They will sit, honored, in a second circle and painted with red earth for their protection.
A one or two-sided shamanic hand-drum is needed for this 5-hour workshop.
Advanced Shamanic Drumming - Advanced workshops entail true journeys through gateways and beyond.
Women in their moon-time may attend these workshops if they desire. They will sit, honored, in a second circle and painted with red earth for their protection.
Moon-time, What Women and Men Should Know - This 2-hour discussion includes songs and telling as well as traditional knowledge of value to all who care about this sacred time of women.
All people are welcome to attend this discussion.
Traditional Tellings - Nicholas has a repertoire of traditional tellings (stories true to the soul that create a shift of consciousness), many of which are so ancient that their exact origin is now obscure. Often these are included within other ceremonials and events.